Sunday, July 5, 2009

Twitter controls the universe. Be afraid.

My weekend is turning surreal. A few hours ago, I tweeted this:

"Life really needs to get on the ball and give me what I want. Because right now, not so much."

Since I had no particular 4th of July plans, I went to the ticket lottery for Hair. The lottery tickets are given out 2 hours before the show and are only $25 for incredible seats. So, they tend to be popular. And I never, ever win lotteries.

Except yesterday I did. And the show was great, just as good as it had been in Central Park last summer. Plus, we made it on to the stage for the audience-participation dance number this time! Cheesy maybe, but totally awesome (when else am I going to be on a Broadway stage?).

When my activities were done, I came back to my current housesitting/couch-surfing situation. I'm in an incredible studio apartment for the next week and a half. Right in the "best" part of the Upper West Side. Literally across the street from the Natural History Museum. One block from Central Park... The comfortable affluence of this neighborhood is amazing to me. Sucks that I only get to stay for a short time, but still.

And then today. I decided this morning to strike out entrepreneurially and advertised that I would wait for Shakespeare tickets in Central Park for money. Already have a possible taker for tomorrow...

But it's the e-mails from friends that are the surreal part.

First I get an e-mail from a friend asking if I would house-sit for her in the second week of August. Which could very well be the single best week for me to need housing all summer. Then, about an hour later, another friend wrote to ask if she could possibly pay me to live in her house and organize life stuff.Not sure if I can actually do any of this, but at the rate my luck is suddenly going, I should be offered a dream job by Monday afternoon!

All of this followed my twitter about how life had to get around to helping me out for a change. Does Twitter control the universe?

No comments: