Friday, May 29, 2009

Things suck.

You know what sucks? Moving.
You know what else sucks? Unemployment.
You know what else sucks? The cable company.
You know what else sucks? Humidity.
You know what else sucks? Not hearing back from an interview.
You know what else sucks? Having to mooch off my increasingly broke parents.

This is one of those times that is supposed to build character. Character is over-rated.

Shopping is cool though. When I was forced to travel to the upper tip of Manhattan (literally -- I walked into the Bronx to get the train home) in order to get a form to transfer our cable service to my roommate, I actually SAW the New York Target store! It looked very pretty.

I'll have to go back there someday when I have this mysterious and out-of-reach thing known as a "home."

Until then, back to the packing. Storage unit, here I come!

2 comments:

Sarah Rainsberger said...

You're always welcome to kill some time in PEI... haven't firmed up the house sitting schedule for late Aug/Sept. yet, and I'm sure Michele would love some company in July/Aug! ;)

Laurel said...

Thanks Sarah!

I'm definitely keeping you in mind! If things are really bad and all I can manage is low-paid freelancing or something, relocating to PEI for awhile might be wonderful!